[CentOS] Mail server, IMAP question

Ferdinando Santacroce jesus_was_rasta at yahoo.it
Mon Dec 11 16:53:22 UTC 2006

Hi guys!
I'm tryng to configure a mail server.
I use Postfix and Dovecot.
I want to use a virtual mail solution, so there's a mysql database
working in background.
I follow some howto's, and now I can send email from my domain.
In this my local server I configured some virtual http server, using
Webmin and Virtualmin, and all works well.
I use a dyndns.org free domain to make my server worldwide available,
and I have a BIND DNS server to spread the word...

In this solution, I have an http server up and running, and email that I
send using a webmail client are all correctly delivered.
Searching in maillog , I see many error like this:

Dec 11 17:46:54 kines imap(nando at kines.dyndns.org):
opendir(/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap) failed: Not a directory

"kines" is my domain (kines.dyndns.org), and this is my mail server, too

So I can send email but there's no way to receive them.
I tried to send me some email from different email accounts, but nothing
in my inbox...
And I don't receive error from servers, so appear that email are
correctly delivered to my server...

There's a way to understand if is only a problem about wrong
configuration of mail boxes, testing if my server work well?
And I want to know if I need to configure a MX record in my DNS server
and if I need to wait while my DNS server spread the new email alias
worldwide.

Sorry for this long post... :-(

Bye, nando