[CentOS] dovecot disconnect(s) / new facts

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Tue Dec 12 18:47:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

Alex Palenschat wrote:
>> I just tried the below with the current version 1.0 RC15 (from the
>> dovecot website) and I still got the Problem:
>> telnet gives me the following output:
>> -----8<-----8<-----8<-----SNIP-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
>> +OK dovecot ready.u-ERR invalid command u
>> s-ERR invalid command s
>> e-ERR invalid command e
>> r-ERR invalid command r
>> -ERR invalid command
>> u-ERR invalid command u
>> s-ERR invalid command s
>> e-ERR invalid command e
>> r-ERR invalid command r
>> _-ERR invalid command _
>> 1-ERR invalid command 1
>>
>> -ERR invalid command
>> -----8<-----8<-----8<-----SNIP-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
>>
>> The above output results from the following entry: user user_1[ENTER]

> Is there any update for Antivir on the Windows side? It looks like it is
> mangling your pop3 commands.

I used the most recent update as AntiVir urges me every day to do an
update. :)
Meanwhile I succeeded in trying cyrus-imapd although I didn't want to
have such a "big" thing. Is there any comprehensive guide you really
could recommend me on that topic (cyrus+CentOS-4.4)?
Nevertheless I'd prefer to use dovecot. :-|

ciao - Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net
P E N G U I N S   A R E   C O O L