[CentOS] YUM KeyError: 'epoch'

Shawn Flack

shawn at shawnflack.com
Fri Dec 15 13:48:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am running Centos 4 fully updated (as of 1 week ago)

I tried to use yum last night and I got this error:

[root at localhost share]# yum update

Setting up Update Process

Setting up repositories

update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00

rpmforge                  100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00

base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00

addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00

extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00

rpmforge  :
1/6408Traceback

(most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?

    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])

  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 97, in main

    result, resultmsgs = do()

  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 477, in doCommands

    return self.updatePkgs()

  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 955, in updatePkgs

    self.doRepoSetup()

  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 75, in doRepoSetup

    self.doSackSetup(thisrepo=thisrepo)

  File "__init__.py", line 260, in doSackSetup

  File "repos.py", line 287, in populateSack

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 96, in getPrimary

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 89, in _getbase

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 359, in updateSqliteCache

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 251, in addPrimary

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 197, in insertHash

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 449, in values

  File "sqlitecache.py", line 441, in __getitem__

  File "mdparser.py", line 73, in __getitem__

KeyError: 'epoch'

I removed yum and re-installed it from the RPM on the install disk.

I googled but I did not find anything that made sense to me.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Shawn Flack