[CentOS] Yum uses too much resources

Jordi Espasa Clofent jordi.listas at multivia.com
Mon Dec 25 22:14:30 UTC 2006

> Does this happen during the metadata parsing? If so, yes, it is quite
> resource intensive, especially when you have some large repositories
> enabled. There is a C metadata parser that is available from the yum site,
> that is much faster and lighter. But it requires yum 2.6.2.

Yes Daniel, it happens especially during the metadata parsing. The
trouble is yum is in version 2.4.3.
The C metadata parser sounds great. I'll try it in future Yum versions.

I'm not a developer but anybody knows that C is great language in terms
of performance.

¿Is Yum written totally in Python or I'm wrong?