[CentOS] Re: Openwebmail problem

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 27 17:16:15 UTC 2006

abhishek singh spake the following on 12/27/2006 2:55 AM:
> hi all
> I am trying  to install openwebmail , i have installed successfully but
> when i am trying to access it through web-browser then i am getting
> following error in my webserver error log.....
>
> YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
> FIX YOUR KERNEL, OR PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT!
> Premature end of script headers: openwebmail.pl
> plz helpme out
> thanks

Did you follow the redhat howto in the openwebmail docs?
I think you need to install suid perl and some other modules, and speedy-cgi
does make a difference on how it responds.
I have had openwebmail running since I was on redhat 9, so it can be done.
http://www.openwebmail.org/openwebmail/download/redhat/rpm/packages/rhel3/00HOWTO.TXT
has enough info to get it going on Centos 4, but you will have to find some of
the packages yourself. I used cpan2rpm for some, and found the rest on dag's repo.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and