[CentOS] tftp times out

mike.redan at bell.ca mike.redan at bell.ca
Thu Dec 28 19:34:44 UTC 2006

> tftp keeps timing out when I try to transfer files.  I intend to use
tftp with G4U to clone
> a standard workstation. I am testing it between two Dell poweredge
servers running CentOS
> 4.3.  "chkconfig --list |grep tftp" shows tftp up and running on both
boxes.

How are the transfer speeds when it is actually running? Do you see many
dropped pkts when running other transfer protocols?

It kinda sounds like a general network problem to me...if you run:
  ifconfig -a

Do you see many errors? If you do..run this:
  mii-tool

What is the duplex setting? Does it match what is on the other side
(switch, or system if it is a cross-over cable) What is the link between
the two systems? 100Mbit LAN, or are you going over a router or
something?

Mike