[CentOS] Configuring 1440 x 900 LCD Monitor

Peter Farrell peter.d.farrell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:51:13 UTC 2006

I've got an ACER AL1916W and suffered the same issues...

I can't recall how I got the orginal config - but I remember useing an
x utility to generate a config based on my screen size and refresh
rate...

Anyway: I keep emailing myself the xorg.conf so as not to lose it!

I'm attaching it here for you - hope it helps.

I use an old ATI - Rage card - but just change your drive to 'intel'
and it will work
(I've done the same w/ my widescreen on a Dell Dimension at work. (FC4)

I run FC6 here.

-Peter