[CentOS] Redhat 5 delayed until march, Centos april then?

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Fri Dec 29 06:00:45 UTC 2006

Cent will release additional support when the upstream(redhat)does.

Drew Weaver wrote:
>     Hi, like (I'm guessing) alot of other folks, we were eager for the
> new release of CentOS/RedHat to support some of the newer intel
> technology (965 chipset mostly (ich8?)) I read today that Redhat 5 has
> been delayed until March of 2007, which would presumably put the release
> of CentOS 5 sometime in April.
>
> Does the CentOS developer team have any intention of releasing (possibly
> a new version of CentOS 4) which would allow us to use these new chipsets?
>
> Mainly the S5000 Server series and the 965 desktop series.
>
> The article I am refering to is here for anyone interested:
> http://news.com.com/Red+Hats+next+Linux+due+before+March/2100-1016_3-6146149.html?tag=nefd.top
>
> -Drew

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099