[CentOS] custom vnc install disk [dnk]

Matt Hyclak

hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Feb 1 01:33:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 02:16:32PM -0800, lists enlightened us:
> I edited the file /isolinux/isolinux.cfg
>
> <snip>
> default linux
> prompt 1
> timeout 1
> display boot.msg
> F1 boot.msg
> F2 options.msg
> F3 general.msg
> F4 param.msg
> F5 rescue.msg
> F7 snake.msg
> label linux
> kernel vmlinuz
> append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 ks=cdrom:/isolinux/ks.cfg
> <snip>
>
> As you can see i set the time out to happen immediately (hoping ot get it to jump right
> into the install).
> And I added the location to my KS file to the default option.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you need to bother with kickstart? Just pass the appropriate command line
options to the isolinux bootloader by default, instead of the location of
your KS file.

See
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/ap-bootopts.html

and