[CentOS] Re: custom vnc install disk [dnk]

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Feb 1 23:56:25 UTC 2006

Dustin Krysak spake the following on 2/1/2006 2:43 PM:
> So I guess a kickstart file is needed then to populate all of those
> settings.
>
> Now my question with this is:
>
> Where would the vnc kickstart directive need to be in the kickstart
> file? Just at the end after all of the outlined directives (language,
> keyboard,
> install method, and TCP/IP settings)?
I just beat this until I got it working.
Here is how I got it working with an NFS image install;

append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 upgradeany vnc
vncconnect=192.168.0.20 headless ip=dhcp ksdevice=eth0
method=nfs:imail:/opt/sysop/CentOS-4 lang=en_US keymap=us

All one line...
I had to search on the RFC for NFS url's. I also tried a http install using
the Centos mirror, but stopped it as soon as it was starting to load the
second stage install image. I didn't want to hit up their bandwidth just as a
test.
There are some url's farther back in the thread with a lot of details on this..

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and