[CentOS] works best with centos 4+? CPanel or Plesk?

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Sun Feb 5 22:21:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:56:11 -0800
Dustin Krysak <mailinglists at backbonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Hi there i was wondering if anyone on this list has any comments on
> CPanel vs Plesk on Centos 4+? Looking for the one that best work with
> the "out of the box" RPMs for Centos.

I've installed both for clients. I'm not administering or using them.
Just from what I saw I cannot recomment cpanel in any way - it basically
just takes over the machine. A note from readme "If instalation fails in
anyway, just reinstall your server and start again" says enough. At least
plesk is packaged nicely in rpms - you can always remove it.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/