[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Mace Eliason meliason at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 7 01:55:27 UTC 2006

Steve Bergman wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:29 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
>

>>But will cpio split the file it is to large to fit on a floppy?  What
>>about the files I have on the disc right now.  I was using dos formated
>>floppies and then ran tar to do the copy.  Is it possible that I can
>>read them using some of the suggested way?
>>

>What exact commands did you use to get it onto the floppy?
>
>Unless you compressed the file first, I'd say its unlikely that its all
>there.  SCO tar has no built in compression and you obviously can't fit
>a 6mb file on a 1.44Mb diskette.
>
>You can try 'tar tvf /dev/floppy' on the Centos box to see what's on the
>floppy.
>
>-Steve

The above command won't work because I can't mount the floppy drive.  I
just get you must specify the filesystem type.

If the file system type is System V I should be able to compile that
into centos right?

I will try all the other ideas that you all have given me tomorrow but I
don't mind spending some time tonight compiling for the old file system.

I have run make menuconfig and then navigated to sysv file system and
placed an * on it then saved the ran make but it gave me a error and
never finished the make.

Mace