[CentOS] Dag - Victim of burglary

Tue Feb 7 13:49:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 13:24 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Last thursday ( Feb 2nd ) Dag's place was broken into a significant
> amount of hardware was taken, along with other valuables.
>
> You can see the details posted by Dag at
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2006-February/013868.html
>
> We all know the excellent work he has done for the entire  linux
> community over the years, and specifically his continued support for the
> CentOS project.
>
> If at any stage you were considering donating or helping out in anyway,
> now is the time - I am sure he will appreciate all the help he can get.
>
> - KB

A lot of thought went into whether or not to post this to the CentOS
Mailing List.  It is not something that we do lightly, or have ever done
before.

However, Dag Wieers' has done so much for the CentOS community with his
packages (and his personal help and advise to the CentOS developers)
that I think this post is most certainly warranted.

I echo Karanbir's recommendation to help out a major friend of the
CentOS Project by making a donation if you possibly can.

Here is Dag's donation link:

 http://dag.wieers.com/personal/wishlist.php

Dag, thanks so much for all your efforts, we at CentOS greatly
appreciate them ... and I hope you catch that dirty rotten bastard.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes