[CentOS] FreeNX documentation and other miscellanea

Craig White

craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 8 13:06:32 UTC 2006

I was having trouble connecting to the server that I am using for remote
development so I updated things and rebooted.

Connected into FreeNX nicely after that...wonder if there is issues with
memory leaks or something...

Anyway, it appears that the nxagent grabbed port 3000 which is what I
was using for rubyonrails/webrick (I probably can change that) which
sort of tells me that when I first loaded freenx/nxagent, port 3000 was
already in use so it probably adjusted itself but upon reboot, nxagent
got all comfortable in port 3000 before I logged in and tried to start
webrick in rails...

So I wandered through the documentation on NoMachine.com but that
doesn't really cover the nxagent and in checking
out /etc/nxserver/node.conf.sample, it refers to documentation in !M
which means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever.

I do see that there are some options that might be interesting such as
remote printing - and now that I enabled remote printing on the client
side, the freenx server seems disinterested and probably has to be
configured and I'm thinking that documentation might be a good
thing...where does one find more details on FreeNX server/agent
configuration?

Thanks

Craig