[CentOS] Re: Heartbeat and mount --bind for NFS v4.

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:08:19 UTC 2006

On 08/02/06, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm messing around with NFS v4 (any and all experience/horror stories
> about EL4's NFS v4 in production environments more than welcome as I'm
> still at the evaluation/test stage) and looking at the best way to
> setup the --bind mounts for the NFS v4 pseudofilesystem.

Just found the answer to my own question...

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-October/msg00957.html

"mount --bind" is the same as "mount -o bind"

So I can just have bind as an option in haresources for that particular mount.

I'd still be interested in hearing other's opinions on NFS v4 in
production environments.

Will.