[CentOS] how to find cause of disappearing files

Bob Lewkowitz

boblewkowitz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 07:01:10 UTC 2006

Hello....here is an odd problem for me. I have a Centos 3 server which
has software installed that creates its pid files in the /tmp
directory. I am not sure which script on the server is being run that
completely clears the /tmp directory except for directories starting
with periods. Can you guys think of a way for me to monitor these pid
files and immediately log which process deleted these files as soon as
it happens?

thx...Bob.