[CentOS] Milter-Greylist

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Mon Feb 13 23:19:18 UTC 2006

Use it with my business mail server with virtually perfect success - much less
load average than Spam Assassin, and no false positives, too. With
Milter-Greylist and using the SpamHaus sbl-xbl black list, SPAM load is down
over 98%. (from thousands per day to perhaps 20!)

Now I protect a small ISP with it, with about 3,000 accounts. It uses LOTS of
system resources when you get that big... We have a single mid-range Athlon
system just for the greylisting, as the MX for the 500 or so domains - and
that pretty well taps the machine!

It has a tendency to get itself "confused" under very heavy loads, so we have
a cron script that runs every 5 minutes to tail the maillog file and restart
everything if it goes awry.

But, it works pretty well.

-Ben

On Monday 13 February 2006 13:00, Joe Polk wrote:
> Is anyone using Milter-Greylist? Is there a repository out there with an rpm
> available?
>
> JP
>
> --
> believed to be clean.