[CentOS] Question about updates again

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Wed Feb 15 00:26:55 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>The answer is:
>
>It depends :)

Thank you.  That makes everything quite clear. ;-)

I guess my next, and hopefully last, question is "how should I prepare
for this?".

I have been quite pleased with the results of turning on the automatic
nightly yum update on my CentOS machines. (I do not do this on my Fedora
servers.)

However, I am nervous about autoupdating during this possibly more
turbulent period.  I guess an announcement will go out that 4.3 is
coming and I can turn off autoupdates at that time?

Looking at the dates in the CentOS 4.2 main repo, it looks like the
updates occurred in three batches at 7 day intervals.  But I'm not sure
I can trust those dates to be a representation of what actually happened
when.

Since I'm a CentOS newbie and no one else seems to be all that worried,
I'm thinking that I might be making a big fuss over nothing.  (And
please do tell me if I am.)

I have clients that would be calling me if they have problems, but I'm
not running any nuclear power plants or anything.

Anyway, thanks for making this distro possible.

-Steve