[CentOS] Nmap update checksum failures.

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Feb 15 23:04:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> OK ... I think we may have 2 separate problems here.
>
> One problem is a mirror that shows zero length on a file in dag's repo
> which is critical to be able to do updates at all.  To fix this problem,
> I don't use that mirror at all for dag repo files ... here is my dag
> repo entry:
>
> [dag]
> name=Dag-EL$releasever
> baseurl=http://dag.linux.iastate.edu/dag/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/dag/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> gpgcheck=1
> enabled=1
>
> This solves the error that the mirror http://apt.sw.be/ is routinely
> broken ...
>
> BUT there is also a problem specifically with nmap ... it is a broken
> package checksum in the yum metadata files.  Last time Dag had this
> problem it was a bug with the way the createrepo -c function worked.

I am no longer using the createrepo -c functionality after the incident
last time.

However it seems in the case of nmap, the checksum in the metadata is
wrong. Not sure where this comes from (or how I can get rid of it) since I
have created the repodata many times since this issue was first reported.

Kind regards,