[CentOS] eth1 problems 4.2 x86_64 systems

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Feb 16 17:38:21 UTC 2006

hi!

2 Mach Speed K8M8MS motherboards
eth0 ---use the onboard LAN port
eth1 ---pci nic card using crossover to another box

eth0....that is just a regular lan...the whole domain...internet etc

eth1...just a private lan between 2 servers.

for about a year I have been running this on 32 bit boards w/no problems

but w/these 64 bit boards, they just don't want to hear about it

when I hit the nic card, there is no response, when the nic card tries
to hit, it give a "Wrong data bite #30" error

whew!!! never ran into this before

thx

John Rose