[CentOS] Http proxy set in yum.conf is not working for the new yum mirrorlist system

Sat Feb 18 23:20:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 08:16 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 13:39 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Radu Radutiu wrote:
> > > I am using 4-4.5. The proxy only allows port 80 and it works if I set
> > > the http_proxy environment variable but not the yum.conf proxy
> > > configuration.
> >
> > can you post the output from :
> > rpm -q yum centos-yumconf
> > rpm -Vv centos-yumconf
> >
> > and also post your main yum.conf file here.
> >
> > - K
>
> OK ... I think that we have now confirmed that the default yum behavior
> is not to enable the proxy information in it's config file until after
> it has already obtained the mirror information.
>
> This is a yum design issue and when it enables the proxy information.
>
> We are going to look to see if it is possible to make the mirrorlist
> selection happen through the proxy info provided by yum.conf ... in the
> meantime, please leave the proxy information in your ENV ... or pass it
> in when you issue the yum command.
>
> Thanks for you feedback in helping to make CentOS better.

We have a new yum RPM that uses the proxy to select the mirrorlists if
one is defined in yum.conf or in a .repo file.

The new yum is available here for testing:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/i386/RPMS/yum-2.4.2-2.centos4.noarch.rpm

(yum is a noarch RPM and this version should work on all centos-4
arches)

This will be released after it is tested and we know it works, so please
for you before.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes