Returning to - Re: [CentOS] Installing Java 1.4.2

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Feb 20 00:47:57 UTC 2006

At 12:06 PM 1/16/2006, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > How can I be sure of the dependencies?
> > What yum command would I run afterwards?
> > How do I get updates to this rpm over time?
> >
> > thanks!
>
>jpackage offers a yum repository. You'll need to set that up if you
>want to update from their packages. As for the java rpm. You're on
>your own for that one. Sun has yet to set up a java repository, and
>their license is such that we cannot.

It SEEMs that jpackage has a java JDK that I can use?

http://jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=3319

It is 1.5.0 and the Centos instructions
(http://www.scalix.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=516&highlight=centos)
recommend 1.4.2, but oh well.

So do I put in 2 yum repros in /etc/yum.repos.d?

CentOS-Base.repo

is currently in there.

Can I add:

jpackage.repo

and install their gpg key?

then:  yum install java-1.5.0-sun-compat     ???

After that, a yum update would first hit the Centos site for updates,
then the jpackage?

thanks!