[CentOS] Serious desktop/mouse problem in Gnome

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 19:39:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 13:55 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> They are some old Master views.
>
> Use to have an old wheel mouse that did not work.
>
> That is what was present when I build all of these systems.
>
> Now I have a nice Logitech wireless kyb/mouse plugged into the
> KVM.  The use wheel is working on my Win32 systems and on 2 other
> Centos builds.
>
> Now in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf  the Input Device protocol is "IMPS/2"
>
> A friend had me try "PS/2" and things SEEMed a little bit
> better.  Then "auto" and now it seems to be the same as before.
>
> But wait.  When the system booked, I was switched to another
> system.  When I boot and leave that system as the 'active' one, I get
> a similar action as to when it was "PS/2".
>
> I did an Alt-D while it was starting so I could see the startup
> messages and I see that that mouse console services started 'OK'.
>
> Thing is it was fine before, and now not.  And the other systems are fine...

Well most of the time when this problem is reported it is a Belkin
ominview KVM switch.

You might try variations of psmouse.proto=imps or =bare on the kernel
command line.  That has helped many people in the past with similar
problems on the Belkin KVM switches.

I switched to using IOGear KVM switches which have been working just
fine with FC and Centos systems.

What versions of Linux are you running?