[CentOS] Which version of Centos 4.2

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Fri Feb 24 16:26:24 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Personally ... unless I know for a fact that I will not need any i386
> software, I install i386 and not x86_64 distro.  If I wanted a
> workstation, I would not install x86_64.  That is just my opinion.

Me too.  8-)  Unless I'm actually bitten by a limitation that is
*solved* by going to 64 bits, I don't see any real temptation to deal
with the potential pitfalls at this juncture.  Things like flash and
java are only the most high profile issues, but I'm told there are a
number of other niggly issues if you're running a desktop or if you're
running off-the-shelf software which assumes x86.

Cheers,