[CentOS] installing centos x86_64 on AMD Turion laptop

mrrs qwertybyrd01 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 22:02:04 UTC 2006

--- Andrew Rice <andrew at nams.net> wrote:

> hey all...just curious if anyone has dealt with any issues regarding installing centos x86_64 on
> a laptop running
> with an AMD turion 64 bit processor
> --
> Andrew Rice Jr

Funny you should mention that - I just went through this and pestered the list about this very
subject about a week ago. I have an HP Pavillion with an ATI card, and the video to the laptop
display blanked in X. I had to use an external monitor to do the install. Once the install was
complete, the video worked in VESA mode.

Also the hard drive is very slow - there does not seem to be a way to enable DMA mode. Someone
else on the list had this same problem.

markus