[CentOS] LDAP authentication problems

Kai

centos.newsgroup at sandsengen.com
Tue Feb 28 20:01:09 UTC 2006

I am working on a ldap base to authenticate user. My problem is binding
to ldap with phpldapadmin or cpu. I can bind anonymously with
phpldapadmin. ldapadd, ldapsearch etc. works. Users in the database can
logon, so the authentication works, but I cant bind....

I need some input please, I cant find the missing link.

ERRORS:
# ldappasswd norman
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
         additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

OK:
[root at server1 ldap]# passwd norman
Changing password for user norman.
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
LDAP password information changed for norman
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.