[CentOS] Large partition problem

Harald Finnås spamcatcher at lantrix.no
Tue Jan 3 16:06:07 UTC 2006

> Just because you can slice (partition) an array doesn't mean
> the filesystem will format and/or be usable.

It formatted just fine, showed up with df just fine, and happily accepted
the data copied to it...

> > I've rolled my own kernel to get reiser support,
> > but I haven't recompiled or done any changes...
>
> Any reason you must have ReiserFS?  And if so, I'd consider
> SuSE instead.  Of course, some things don't work on

The box has ALOT of disks, and we didn't feel like doing all that copying
just to change filesystem when if after all was working just fine. I think
the box initially had suse or mdk installed which is the main reason for
using reiserfs. I also read some comments on ext3 not beeing too clever
with large disks, but I'm not sure if they still apply.

All the other disks which are just below the 2TB limit and has reiser
works just fine; the problem is this large beast...

Regards,
Harald