[CentOS] Version download problem?

Darren Young darren.young at chicagogsb.edu
Tue Jan 3 18:50:25 UTC 2006

> I don't know what kind of tivoli setup you're looking at but surely IBM has
> software fully compatible with EL3u6 (or atleast u4 or u5). Go whack them
> with something heavy. We run some tivoli stuff on a fully updated Centos-4
> (2.6.9-something).

I've managed to get TSM 5.2 running under CentOS 3.6 now, but not under
4.2. Having issues getting the sg driver to see LUN 1 on SCSI ID 6 which
is the tape changer. LUN 0 is the drive itself which is detected fine. If
I add LUN 1 with an echo > /proc/scsi kind of thing, I can get it found.
It's just not being detected when the aic7xxx driver fires at boot. Tried
max_scsi_luns=7 added the kernel to no avail.

The thing is, version 5.2 tsm-scsi package is kernel specific whereas 5.3
uses the sg interface so it's not. Neither of them are stated to work with
EL4.x so I'm giving up on that one for now.

And I wish I could smack IBM sometimes.