[CentOS] CentOS 64 on AMD 64 4600x2

Brandon

Jodious33 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:11:24 UTC 2006

Hello you brilliant minds,
            I am in need of some (probably basic) information concerning
CentOS and the new dual core 64 bit systems.  I realize that Linux was
inherently built for multiple processor systems, as well as 64 bit systems.
My first question is AMD doing anything special with doing all of the above
on one chip that I need to know about before installing CentOS on my newest
system?  Also, my motherboard being a a8n32-sli has SATA II and RAID
capabilities.  Is there anything special about the SATA II that I need to
set up to use the full capabilities of this hardware and CentOS.  Any
information would be better than what I have at the moment.

Many thanks in advance.

Brandon