[CentOS] High Availability using 2 sites -- yep, "propogation."

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 17:37:05 UTC 2006

Tom Brown <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com> wrote:
> propagation

Damn me for taking the time to even explain it and list
options.
In 1 word, I think Tom Brown nails it on the head.  Touche!
;->

Again, just to build upon Tom's word, because of
"propogation," you're either going to have to setup your
networks as part of the same, autonomous system (works
absolutely), or use 1-to-1 NAT to point to the other network
when the servers/facilites go down (works only when the NAT
devices at the failed site are still up).

Most people don't realize that's the reality of the Internet.
 Otherwise, if DNS was real-time to the real authority
everytime, the Internet would be a pretty slow place.  ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com