Linux HA may not be the best choice in yoursituation. [CentOS]High Availability using 2 sites

Todd Reed treed at astate.edu
Fri Jan 6 01:00:36 UTC 2006

In a nutshell and very first of all, you need at least 2 internet
connections.  Those ISP must be willing to setup BGP peering between
your routers and theirs.  Once that agreement has been made, you need to
get their AS Numbers and submit the ASN request located on ARIN's
website (http://www.arin.net).  After some paperwork and money
exchanges, ARIN assigns you an AS number.  At that point, you can
configure the BGP peering.  There's more details to it, but that's what
I went through in a nutshell.  ARIN has a pretty good flowchart of their
process located at http://www.arin.net/education/asn_process/index.html

--Todd