[CentOS] 2 SSH questions

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 10 22:21:24 UTC 2006

I am away from my office for the week.  In Sacramento for the IEEE
802.1 interim meeting (for anyone in the neighborhood...).

And I am working on SSH with my Centos install(s).

1) For right now I am using my XP drive with Tectia client.  I have
SSHed into my Centos server using password method and uploaded my
public key and such.  I see everything there.  I think.  I then
delete all authentication methods but public key and am told that no
recognized authentication match.  When I add password back into my
client, I get the password authentication method.

My hunch is there is something I need to do with the SSH server
config to access client certificate authentication?  What do I need
to do, and remember, all I have is a text window into my machine (can
su) and I do not have my VI manual with me!  (I will go and look for
one online).

2) later this evening, I will pop in my Centos drive and then SSH
from a Centos client.  But of course my keys and such are on my XP
drive.  I know where Tectia keeps all of its keys, as I have moved
them from one XP drive to another.  Anyone know what I need to do?  I
do have a USB drive for the transfer.  Or I can upload everything to
my Centos server, then download to my Centos client.

Thank you for your continued help.

Oh, I have been going back into all of my threads here and pulling
out notes on what to do to avoid asking something more than once.