[CentOS] 2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.11 Problem

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Thu Jan 12 09:18:27 UTC 2006

Yap, it's been there for a LONG time, and there is bug in RH bugzilla.
I've been running a pre update 2 squid for this reason alone for like 6-12
months now (squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.5.i386 works).  I'm not sure if it was
finally fixed, I think they found the bug and there are some experimental
packages that have it fixed, but I haven't had the time to check...

Cheers,
MaZe.

> Has anyone had a problem with this version of Squid, we are using Centos4,
> and this is the latest package of squid. The problem occurs when a host
> attempts to make a SSL connection that involves a reverse DNS lookup, it will
> cause squid to crash. I ran squid with the "-d 10" option to find out what
> happens, and this is the error i get.
>
> How you reproduce this error is, find a SSL enabled website, get the IP
> address and type into your browser, https://<ipaddress>/ and this will
> produce the error
>
> (squid): rfc1035.c:417: rfc1035RRUnpack: Assertion `(*off) <= sz' failed.
>
> Squid will then proceed to restart itself.

Then you're lucky - mine just crashes and dies (after enough restarts)~...