[CentOS] Broadcom NIC Binding under Centos 4.2

Robin Mordasiewicz robin at bullseye.tv
Thu Jan 12 17:16:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm having unusual difficulty configuring teaming with Centos 4.2.
>
> The 2 NIC's are  Broadcom. The HW is HP DL360 and there is no teaming
> driver for RHEL4 since it comes with package (says HP).
>
> Since there is no teaming driver from centos (as far as I know), I tried
> the Broadcom Driver, configured the team file, but the team just wont
> come up. A Virtual Interface should be up but only eth0 & eth1 appear.
>
> I fell really stupid because with Intel this is pretty straightforward.
>
> Any clues, any suggestions,

super simple now.
linux has the bonding driver/

here is a sample. If you want to use tagged vlans it will be slightly
different. Let me know if you want a tagged vlan sample.

< /etc/sysconfig/network >
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=smtcorms04.samuelmanutech.com
VLAN=yes
GATEWAY=10.10.0.253
GATEWAYDEV=bond0

< /etc/modprobe.conf >
alias bond0 bonding
options bonding miimon=100 mode=1
alias eth0 tg3
alias eth1 tg3

< /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 >
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
TYPE=Ethernet
ONBOOT=yes
SLAVE=yes
MASTER=bond0

< /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 >
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
TYPE=Ethernet
ONBOOT=yes
SLAVE=yes
MASTER=bond0

< /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0 >
DEVICE=bond0
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=10.10.4.27
NETMASK=255.255.255.0