[CentOS] Looking for server recommendations

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jan 12 20:16:21 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 14:03, Troy Engel wrote:

> To give you an idea of where I'm starting to look, take a gander at this
> page:
>
> http://www.serversdirect.com/system_dept.asp?dept_id=SD-043
>
> Obviously we'd like to keep the price low, but realize that a major cost
> will be the 400GB drives. We may only start with 4 or 5 of them and add
> more as time goes (LVM), depends on how the costs break down. We've even
> looked at a Dell 2850 as an option, fyi.
i just got one of these
http://www.visionman.com/prodlandings/product.php?prod=NAS-4U20HS200

another option they have is
http://www.visionman.com/prodlandings/product.php?prod=NAS-3U16HS100

the 3ware controllers are supported i ended up using a mixture of raid 5 raid
50 and raid 1 in my setup.  i used the hardware raid  so i get the hot
swapability.  the server has 3 power supplies im very happy with it so far

Dennis