[CentOS] php + sybase 12.5 shared module

Bassett, Mark

Mark.Bassett at owh.com
Thu Jan 12 20:28:21 UTC 2006

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/sybase.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sybase.so:
undefined symbol: dbversion in Unknown on line 0

After doing a rpmbuild -bb  on the php 5.0.4 source rpm from centosplus.

The packages all build, but I cannot seem to get sybase to compile as a
shared module.  If I make it a static module it compiles fine.  Anyone
have any ideas what this error is about?