[CentOS] custom centos CD

Leonel Nunez leonel at enelserver.com
Thu Jan 12 22:21:50 UTC 2006

Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> i want to create a CD with a base installed program just enough to run
> linux.
>
> On 1/13/06, *Connie Sieh* <csieh at fnal.gov <mailto:csieh at fnal.gov>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Mark Quitoriano wrote:
>
>     > Hi guys,
>     >
>     > how can i create a custom CentOS cd? anyone can point me to a howto?
>
>     What do you want to customize?
>
>     -Connie Sieh
>     >
>     > --
>     > Regards,
>     > Mark Quitoriano, CCNA
>     >
>     > Fan the flame...
>     > http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=19441
>     <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=19441>
>     >

> --
> Regards,
> Mark Quitoriano, CCNA
>
> Fan the flame...
> http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=19441
> <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=19441>

Hello
 you can   check   the  CentOS  Server CD   maybe is what you need

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/isos/i386/

 From the readme.txt :

----------------
Single Server CD
----------------

The Single Server CD is an ISO that contains most of the items required for
basic server setup (without a GUI) on a single CD.  This was created for
those who want to download 1 CD and be able to do a functional install.

Obviously, we can't fit everything from the 4 CD set onto 1 CD, but we may
not have the packages JUST right.  We welcome feedback to the packages
included in the Single Server CD, so if you need something not there, let
us know.  The best way to provide feedback to the CentOS developers is via
the CentOS-Devel mailing list:

Once you use the Single Server CD to install, you can use yum or up2date to
add programs that you might need, and it functions just like any other
CentOS install.

Especially good is the "yum groupinstall" feature.  See this link for more
help with using yum:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/yum/