[CentOS] "find" statement: 64bit related??

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Jan 13 18:02:53 UTC 2006

rado wrote:
> hi!
> 3 machines all run this same test script. 2 -i386,  1 x-64bit machine.
>
> this line:
>
> if find / -mount -type f -mtime -1 -print0 | xargs -0 clamscan -l  \
> $CLAMDAILY $CLAMEXCLUDES -r --no-summary | cut -d: -f1 > $CHANGEDLOG;
> \ then
>
> the $CHANGEDLOG file... on the 32 bit boxes...oh, probably 220 files.
> On the 64bit box 177,999 files lol (Centos 64bit w/everything
> installed)!
>
> it seems to me that the system is disregarding "-mtime -1"
>
> sure has me puzzled! I have rechecked all of my assigned variables
> over and over in the cfg file and the syntax of the functions in the
> functions file that make up the whole "team". I can find nothing
> remarkable relating to the 64 box's cfg.
>
> any suggestions?

It seems to work fine on my 64-bit machines.

Try running this to see what is being selected:
find / -mount -type f -mtime -1 -print0 | xargs -0 ls -ld > new_files.txt

With the 'ls -ld', you will see the modification times as well, so you
can tell if it is really selecting the wrong files.

--
Bowie