[CentOS] ATI not supporting dpms

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Sat Jan 14 04:21:15 UTC 2006

This workbox was thrown together with only a little bit of thought as to
what the role would ultimately be, and at the time, I did not think it
would ever wind up serving linux applications.  Error #1 (my fault)
Having a healthy pocketbook when I went into pick things up, I had
already decided I wanted a good relatively mid-range graphics card, and
I chose the ATI X600.  (Error #2) As it turns out, the machine does
absolutely nothing I ever intended for it to do, and probably will never
fall into the role of a M$ server of any sort. Chalk one up for the good
guys!  To reduce the number of trips or exchanges back and forth to get
it corrected (if that is possible) the software still does not work.
Snowman