[CentOS] yum groupinstall "MySQL Database"

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Jan 17 20:39:40 UTC 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question related to yum groupinstall.
> I just tried a:
>
> yum groupinstall "MySQL Database"
>
> I expected that I would end up with a MySQL Database server,
> but it installed a bunch of .rpms *except* mysql-server. No
> big deal, I'm just curious if it was intended this way or not,
> that's all.

$ sudo yum -y groupinfo "MySQL Database"

Group: MySQL Database
Required Groups:
    Base
Mandatory Packages:
    mysql
Default Packages:
    mysql-devel
    MyODBC
    unixODBC
    mysqlclient10
    MySQL-python
    libdbi-dbd-mysql
    perl-DBD-MySQL
Optional Packages
    qt-MySQL
    mysql-bench
    qt-ODBC
    mysql-server
    mod_auth_mysql
    php-mysql

mysql-server is in the Optional Packages section; as such, it doesn't
get installed by default.  that's a decision made upstream.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v