[CentOS] System hangs silently

Fong Vang sudoyang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 20:29:48 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:15, Fong Vang wrote:
>
> > Which kernel would you recommend?  I guess we'll have to try the
> > kernel from CentOS 4.2.
>
> Did you have some reason to not do a full update to 4.2?

We have to stick with 4.1 until the next release because our process
requires it. A release starts with Engineering, then it goes into in
QA, and eventually hits Production.  We can't simply switch to 4.2
without going through the formal process (which can take a while), but
I can certainly try out the new kernel on one system and revert
afterward.