[CentOS] Bittorrent RPM/Python Issue

Sun Jan 22 13:13:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 13:52 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
>
> >There isn't just THE rpm for bittorrent, there are several. Which one
> >are you using, and was it made for centos?
> >

> got it from bittorrent official site

That isn't built for CentOS and requires a newer version of python.

If you do as Jim suggested, you will get a version of bittorrent that
works with CentOS-4.

Either the rpmforge version OR the one in kbs-CentOS-Extras will work.

rpmforge:
http://rpmforge.net/user/faq/

kbs-CentOS-Extras:
http://centos.karan.org/

I would not change the version of python that ships with CentOS .. as it
affects yum, up2date, rpm and many other very important system
programs ... your call though, it's your machine :)