[CentOS] Self-signed certificates

Thomas E Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Mon Jan 23 22:46:58 UTC 2006

Yes, this is a named based virtual host.

It must be stuck on being named 'server'.  I changed/renamed the
subdomain.key and subdomain.crt to server.key and server.crt and now get the
proper name on the certificate for the sub-domain but now don't have a
certificate for the top level domain.

> The way around this (not a GOOD way, but a way) is to
> generate an ssl cert for *.domain.com. This way it's valid
> for all subdomains.

Hmmm. I'll give that a try.  Not really interested in the error about being
'self-signed' (issuing authority) but just want the name to be right and the
security to be there.

Will try and let you know.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!