[CentOS] freenx in rootless mode and session resume anyone?

Sophana Kok

sophana78 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 25 12:05:09 UTC 2006

Hi

I suceeded to run freenx on centos3 with the nomachine client, but I
still have some issues.
First I can only get a new whole desktop (kde) session. I cannot resume
it, and it always leave tons of process that I have to kill from root.

I don't need the whole kde desktop, and only want to have single
windows. This is called the rootless mode I think and cannot make it
work, it simply hangs.

Finally I succeded in running the nxagent and nxproxy manually in
rootless mode, but the problem is that I have to do this on my linux
router (I use x.org from cygwin). but there is no nxproxy on windows or
cygwin I think.

Is there a way to run single windows with the freenx client and resume
sessions?

Thanks.