[CentOS] Re: Build Raid 1 in a installed system

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jan 25 20:55:41 UTC 2006

Cleber P. de Souza spake the following on 1/25/2006 12:37 PM:
> Thanks Scott.
>
> I read all this docs and found some interesting thinks about my
> environment that I had forgotten.
> I use mkinitrd to put raid1 module into kernel, thus all are fine now.
> My centos installation had raid1 as a module and due this i had so troubles.
If you have raid as a module it will still work, as long as you have the
module in your initrd.
The easist way with redhat is to insmod the proper raid module and re-install
the kernel RPM. It has a script to make an initial ramdisk including any
modules that are running.
I had this code at one time, but I will be slapped silly if I can find it.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |