[CentOS] md5sum rpms >> list

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jan 27 19:52:07 UTC 2006

Andrew Rice wrote:
> well I just installed a system...not sure if redhat keeps a list of signatures for each rpm installed or what.
> but I just mainly wanted to run a md5sum list and gather up one for every rpm I have installed now...put it
> someplace safe...and if I want to later...I can run a check with that list with what I have installed already.
>
> I just mainly wanted to make a list with sig on all the rpms I have and put them into a text file.
>

> | Andrew Rice said:
> | > Does anyone know in centos how to create an md5sum list based on the
> | > current rpms that I have installed right now
> | > on my box?
> |
> | Not sure the question is clear... are you asking to get an md5 sig for
> | each file owned by an installed RPM?  Or the sig on the RPM itself?
> |
> | If the former, a real quick starting point might be:
> | rpm -qa | xargs -i rpm -ql {} | xargs -i md5sum {}

you might want to look at the tripwire application ( available from a
few repos ) , it does something similar to what you have in mind, and
will do scheduled checks.

The other option is just a plain and simple rpm -V <pkgname>. that will
also verify the files, owned by that package, for changes since install
time.

Also, try not top posting :)