[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 28 02:42:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 18:34 -0800, Charles Sliger wrote:
> I saw the following fix for this problem on 2.6.x Ubuntu systems where the
> kernel parameters had no effect:
>
> /etc/modules
>   mousedev
>   psmouse proto=exps
>
> What is the equivalent for CentOS?

----
it's what you tried and you said that it didn't work (appending
psmouse.proto=exps to kernel boot line in grub)

recognize that you must reboot for the setting to take root.

Myself, I have resorted to psmouse.proto=bare because that works and the
only drawback is that the mouse wheel doesn't work.

The Belkin switches are the problem. I'm too cheap to buy another brand
but I probably should just bite the bullet.

The 2.6 kernel obviously has timing issues which causes this to occur on
the Belkin switches. I don't believe that this is a distribution or
driver issue but rather a kernel issue. Whether you replace the Belkin
switch with another brand or resort to one of the techniques such as
psmouse.proto=bare is your choice.

Craig