[CentOS] Centos Folding at Home team!

Sharon Kimble

sharon04 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:28:58 UTC 2006

Centos now has its own Folding at Home team! If you would like to learn more
about what we do, please follow this <a
href="http://folding.stanford.edu/">link</a> to the Folding at Home homepage.
New to distributed computing?, its not a problem. Here is the simplest
faster than a few computers working on many pieces of the puzzle. By
"distributing" the work load to as many computers as possible, results are
faster and accumulate faster. This provides more information to the people
who can use it, thus letting them actually work with the results instead of
working to get results. Hopefully the above summary doesn't leave you lost
and confused. If you are still with us then great, but if you're feeling
lost? You can search  <a
href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=distributed+computing&btnG=Google+Search">google</a>
for distributed computing for more in depth information.

Now on to Centos folders and Folding at Home. We are a team of members with
various computer setups and knowledge. Our primary operating system of choice
is Centos and our favourite distributed computing program is Folding at Home.
You can see our team stats by clicking <a
href="http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=48721">here</a>,
this should be updated regularly. Would you like to join the team? Well, if
so it is as simple as visiting the <a
href="http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html"Folding at Home</a> website and
downloading the version you prefer. Once you've got it please read this <a
href="http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18393&page=1&pp=15">FAQ</a>
written by Jtang613. Please note, our team number is 48721. There now, its
just as easy as that and now you are a part of the team. Welcome to the
Fold! :) Further information about various installers and monitors can be
found <a
href="http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=11700">here</a>. My
personal preference is to use <a
href="http://www.vendomar.ee/~ivo/">finstall</a> to install and a
superkaramba theme to help monitor the work unit.

Sharon.
--
 13:21:27 up 3 days,  2:12,  1 user,  load average: 2.07, 2.06, 1.93
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html