[CentOS] [Offtopic] tinydns -some help needed

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Jan 28 16:37:11 UTC 2006

> Sorry - I once was sold on the idea of djb's tools and Qmail, and I've

> regretted installing it ever since. Save yourself some serious agony -
run
> (don't walk!) away from djb-ANYTHING!
I don't know what problems you had with it, but I'm hapilly using it on
about
20 servers (both djbdns and qmail) and never had a problem with it. I'll
remember
your advice when I'll encounter my first problem, though I may just as
well read
the docs again when that happens... :)

---
	I second the djb comment, the guy is an arrogant prick; if
something doesn't compile on your server he thinks its your fault. (i.e.
back when he was linking all of his software to the wrong error.h and
you had to mod it to get it to compile). Not only is it not written that
well; but qmail for example. You have to install another piece of
software to control relay, and it is totally non intuitive in any way.
As far as tinydns the idea of having to install a "control daemon" to
run his software is kind of ridiculous to me.

	Bind really couldn't be any easier to use, and it works every
time.

-Drew