[CentOS] ldapadd - phpldapadmin error

Kai Sandsengen centos.newsgroup at sandsengen.com
Sun Jan 29 17:09:51 UTC 2006

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
  > Inside your "joe.ldif" I suspect.
  > The attribute that you want to modify (add, replace, or delete) does not
> exist.
>
> Alexander

I edited the config.php and manage to log on phpldapadmin, but get this
message:
--
Could not determine the root of your LDAP tree.
It appears that the LDAP server has been configured to not reveal its root.

then i get:

Error
Congratulations! You found a bug in phpLDAPadmin.

Error:	Unknown modifier 'v'
Level:	E_WARNING
File:	server_functions.php
Line:	2775
Caller:	tree.php
PLA Version:	0.9.8
PHP Version:	4.3.9
PHP SAPI:	apache2handler
Web server:	Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)

Please report this bug by clicking below!

--

trying to import the same joe.ldif before bug via phpldapadmin gives me:

Error
Could not add object: uid=joe,ou=People,dc=test,dc=example,dc=net

LDAP said: Invalid syntax
Error number: 0x15 (LDAP_INVALID_SYNTAX)

As you say there must be something wrong with my ldif file, but I cant see.

dn: uid=joe,ou=People,dc=test,dc=example,dc=net
uid: joe
sn: User
cn: Joe User
objectClass: person